Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
If Crafty Ramen opens up across from my work I'm going to be so incredibly happy.

Any updates on Anchor Bar?  When it's opening?
(09-08-2018, 01:14 PM)Spokes Wrote: Any updates on Anchor Bar?  When it's opening?

Pretty sure it's already opened.
Yes, strolled by last night. Looked to be doing well.
Oh awesome, I want to check it out.

Thanks!
Went to Anchor Bar Wednesday afternoon. The staff were friendly, and said the place was rammed on Monday when the students arrived. They had the mist on over the patio to combat the heat. Wings had that classic Buffalo crunch without the batter. I enjoyed the garlic parmesan + chipotle-bbq. Prices are on the high side, around $12.99 for 6 wings, or $15.99 for 8 wings. At $2/wing that's pretty steep vs. local comps., but I guess they're going for that premium Buffalo-wing novelty positioning. They a few daily deals on, like half-price pizza on Mondays. However, with many other good wing spots around town (Morty's, McCabe's, WingsUp, etc.) I wonder how they'll fare? Regardless, it's a decent entertainment/patio addition to the Beertown/McCabe's area of uptown.
Wow. That's steep

I still think you can't beat the Lancaster Smokehouse on a Monday

Good luck for them
https://twitter.com/Izna12365096/status/...6939272192
(09-09-2018, 01:13 PM)kidgibnick Wrote: Went to Anchor Bar Wednesday afternoon. The staff were friendly, and said the place was rammed on Monday when the students arrived. They had the mist on over the patio to combat the heat. Wings had that classic Buffalo crunch without the batter. I enjoyed the garlic parmesan + chipotle-bbq. Prices are on the high side, around $12.99 for 6 wings, or $15.99 for 8 wings. At $2/wing that's pretty steep vs. local comps., but I guess they're going for that premium Buffalo-wing novelty positioning. They a few daily deals on, like half-price pizza on Mondays. However, with many other good wing spots around town (Morty's, McCabe's, WingsUp, etc.) I wonder how they'll fare? Regardless, it's a decent entertainment/patio addition to the Beertown/McCabe's area of uptown.

Wow. At that price, they better be a lot bigger than Morty's wings (which I doubt). I think I will pass.
(09-11-2018, 08:30 AM)bgb_ca Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 01:13 PM)kidgibnick Wrote: Went to Anchor Bar Wednesday afternoon. The staff were friendly, and said the place was rammed on Monday when the students arrived. They had the mist on over the patio to combat the heat. Wings had that classic Buffalo crunch without the batter. I enjoyed the garlic parmesan + chipotle-bbq. Prices are on the high side, around $12.99 for 6 wings, or $15.99 for 8 wings. At $2/wing that's pretty steep vs. local comps., but I guess they're going for that premium Buffalo-wing novelty positioning. They a few daily deals on, like half-price pizza on Mondays. However, with many other good wing spots around town (Morty's, McCabe's, WingsUp, etc.) I wonder how they'll fare? Regardless, it's a decent entertainment/patio addition to the Beertown/McCabe's area of uptown.

Wow. At that price, they better be a lot bigger than Morty's wings (which I doubt). I think I will pass.

That was my thought too. I'll likely still check them out once though.

How big are they kidgibnick?
(09-11-2018, 09:31 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 08:30 AM)bgb_ca Wrote: Wow. At that price, they better be a lot bigger than Morty's wings (which I doubt). I think I will pass.

That was my thought too. I'll likely still check them out once though.

How big are they kidgibnick?

I would say smaller than Morty's or Moose (breading also adds to the size).
This menu appears slightly different from what I saw, indicating 6, 8, 12 wings, etc. 
http://www.anchorbar.ca/pdf/anchorbarmenu.pdf

Still a decent patio for pints though Wink
I would say that that's a big part of the appeal, their location is fantastic.
(09-11-2018, 09:39 PM)Spokes Wrote: I would say that that's a big part of the appeal, their location is fantastic.

If you live in Waterloo...

Just saw a post on /r/waterloo saying all of the Zoup locations in London, Kitchener and Waterloo are closed as of today. The poster is claiming to be a manager at one of the locations and says they were only notified this morning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/waterloo/commen...ly_closed/
Same franchisee maybe?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »