Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(01-21-2016, 01:28 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 01:06 PM)plam Wrote: I think you're right. Or maybe it's just you and me who don't go to buffets anymore. I did notice that one buffet restaurant I used to go to in Montreal downsized and part of its space got taken over by a non-buffet restaurant.

At least for me, it's a question of quality over quantity.  And I suspect that with the number of high-quality restaurants compared to a decade or two ago (as well as higher-quality ingredients and prepared foods in grocery stores), there are many other people who would prefer to have something delicious rather than mountains of mostly mediocre food at a buffet restaurant.

I will admit that I make the exception for the lunch buffet at Indian restaurants ...

Indian buffets I've been to always seem to have fewer options to choose from, and less of each option out and prepared. I would like to think that it means each option has higher quality ingredients and preparation, and is fresher.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by Viewfromthe42 - 01-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM