Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(11-09-2022, 11:39 PM)taylortbb Wrote: I did post on Reddit that I thought they'd be back, maybe I posted here too. I was walking by months after they closed and noticed my phone auto connected to Starbucks WiFi, meaning they still had equipment there, but that got shutoff earlier this year. I hadn't seen anything from anyone with insider info, and the WiFi isn't the strongest indicator.

Would love to know what went down internally.

Ha, very well could have been your post, a year is a long time as far as my memory is concerned.

(11-09-2022, 11:44 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 11:41 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I am not a Starbucks allegiant, but i did like that one.  I thought it was a very nice and hip place.  I would go to it when downtown. 

If you want good coffee in DTK you should check out the recently opened Lucero Canteen. It's by the Show & Tell folks, but in a really swanky new space.

I didn't realize they expanded/moved. Is Show & Tell still open? I'm a MoT adherent, but Show & Tell and Cafe Pyrus are both good local alternatives too (not great milk based drinks though). But the big advantage for Starbucks is the ability to order ahead, which mean it still has a place for me. When I'm in a rush early in the morning I could be in and out of Starbucks in 15 seconds, whereas MoT could easily be 5+ minutes. I think Williams (which I am shocked survived the pandemic and city hall construction) also has this option, while being a step above Tim Hortons.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by dtkvictim - 11-10-2022, 01:54 AM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM