Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(01-29-2020, 11:43 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Where was the Anchor Bar located?  I've never heard of it.

It was in the front corner unit of Waterloo Town Square next to Willis Way. It replaced the Carl's Jr.

Anchor bar wasn't bad. It was really the only place in town that got Buffalo Butter right and the same as what all wings taste like in Buffalo.
It was pretty new as a franchise they only had a 4 in Canada and the rest are in the Buffalo NY area,
(01-29-2020, 12:57 AM)Elmira Guy Wrote: I believe The Anchor Bar in uptown Waterloo has shut it's doors.
According to signs on there doors there lease has been terminated due to failure of not paying rent. 
Booster Juice has also closed at Waterloo Town Square no reason given.
The downtown Mr Sub location has closed.

Edit to add: There are handwritten "Store closed" signs in the door and one of the windows, and that's the only information I've seen at present so it is possible that it isn't permanent.
(02-03-2020, 01:46 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: The downtown Mr Sub location has closed.

That was quick. There was a news story about new owners taking it over a year ago, so I have to wonder what happened. It's been around for forever, so I feel like the amount of business has to be pretty stable. Did the new owners take it over with only one year left on the lease and rents went up? I don't get why you'd buy a stable franchise just to shutter it in a year.
(02-03-2020, 01:44 PM)TMKM94 Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 12:57 AM)Elmira Guy Wrote: I believe The Anchor Bar in uptown Waterloo has shut it's doors.
According to signs on there doors there lease has been terminated due to failure of not paying rent. 
Booster Juice has also closed at Waterloo Town Square no reason given.

That’s too bad. I always appreciated Booster Juice as an option uptown even if I didn’t make it there too often. The store did feel a bit run down the last time I was there though.
In more positive Uptown news, Four All ice cream is opening a retail outlet there (per this Reddit post).

(02-03-2020, 02:36 PM)KevinL Wrote: In more positive Uptown news, Four All ice cream is opening a retail outlet there (per this Reddit post).

Seasonal or year-round, I wonder?
Year round would be awesome!
Joey's Seafood (Joey's Only) on Highland Rd closed at the end of January. The Owners retired after 23 years of business.
Shame it closed, but good for them!
There's signage up for "Score Pizza" at 80 King St S in Uptown Waterloo (formerly Copper Branch) - looks like a small regional chain.
(02-19-2020, 12:29 PM)goggolor Wrote: There's signage up for "Score Pizza" at 80 King St S in Uptown Waterloo (formerly Copper Branch) - looks like a small regional chain.

I haven’t tried it but the Score at Rideau Centre in Ottawa seems to do well.

(02-19-2020, 12:29 PM)goggolor Wrote: There's signage up for "Score Pizza" at 80 King St S in Uptown Waterloo (formerly Copper Branch) - looks like a small regional chain.

Copper Branch closed?
(02-19-2020, 03:41 PM)KingandWeber Wrote:

Copper Branch closed?

Sorry, I meant Lou Dawg's. I was trying to remember what used to be there but it looks like lots of places share that street address.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »