Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Read!
Hi Everyone,

Well as you all know, Wonderful Waterloo is no more. I was one of the original creators of the site and with it's failure I decided to step up and create something in it's place.

It will take time to get things back up and running. We are doing our best to transfer content from the old site, but this may need to be done manually. If everyone helps it will happen that much faster.

Not sure what you mean by failure. I was an avid reader of wonderful Waterloo and still don't fully understand what happened? Cheers.
4Kitchener Wrote:Not sure what you mean by failure. I was an avid reader of wonderful Waterloo and still don't fully understand what happened? Cheers.

Failure in that it's no longer running. It was a big success when in operation and when it had an admin team who was present and involved in the site.
The site doesn't even load now. It's the end of an era.
WW, you still owe me 50 WW$. RIP
Sadly this site does not seem to be getting much use Sad
It's only been a week; give it time!

There's been 60+ registrations in 10 days. An average of ~35 posts per day. For something in it's infancy, I'm pretty happy with it given everything that occurred at WW.

I'd encourage you to contribute more. Maybe you'll find you'll give it more use.
This site is getting more usage than WW was in its death throes. Again, give it time!
I just want to say thank you for setting this up.

It's a shame that WW was abruptly removed and a replacement has to start from scratch. So be it though. We move on.
I felt lost without Wonderful Waterloo. Thanks so much for carrying on.
Wloon Wrote:I felt lost without Wonderful Waterloo. Thanks so much for carrying on.

Happy to help. Glad you could find us.

If I could ask....how did you find us? This goes out to everyone.
Google: "WonderfulWaterloo Down" took me to SkyScraper pages forum regarding the subject which then had the link over to here.

timio Wrote:Google: "WonderfulWaterloo Down" took me to SkyScraper pages forum regarding the subject which then had the link over to here.
Same here.
So happy to have a space similar (and going to BE better!) to WW. The abrupt end had me going through withdrawal. Glad to see someone familiar post-ers! Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »