Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Commitment to Vote
A Commitment to Vote

I'm making a commitment to vote.

This year's election is too important to my future, and my community's future not to.  In 2014, I'm voting.  Are you?

Political engagement is contagious.  When people see that people are involved in the process, it encourages them to be too.  Tell the rest of Waterloo Region you're voting.  

Tell the world you're voting this year.  Click here to make a commitment to vote.

I'm planning on voting but I'm having a lot of trouble finding good information on the candidates. I don't have Rogers so I can't watch the debates. I'm just really lost. Sad
Where are you located/what ward are you in?
Kitchener/Ward 5.
Just did. Kitchener ward 5
Voted during advance polls, even though my city council spot was acclaimed.
Just voted in Kitchener. 

They where telling people to black out the box as it works better than putting an X.   My mother did that however it did not accept her ballot.   She went outside the box.   So she had to do it again.   When someone is 81 and is a bit shaky that can be a bit tricky.     I said to her, well it's been awhile since your colouring book days. 

Rolleyes

voted
I thought there was supposed to be no campaigning on election day. And yet...

(1) I was approached by pro-LRT "chuggers" at Waterloo Square this morning who were passing out pro-LRT literature. Don't misunderstand me. I'm pro-LRT but everyone, including those I agree with, should abide by the rules.

(2) I just got a robocall from Jay Aissa's wife imploring me to vote for her man. Good luck with that "Natalie."

Later: It seems I thought wrong. The Ontario  Municipal Elections Act doesn't explicitly prohibit campaigning on election day even though it is prohibited in federal and provincial elections. The act should be amended to be consistent with more senior levels of government. 
I voted around lunch at Vic Park, it didn't seem busy at all but maybe things will pick up tonight.
(10-27-2014, 05:29 PM)clasher Wrote: I voted around lunch at Vic Park, it didn't seem busy at all but maybe things will pick up tonight.

I had the same experience. Voted around lunch and I was the only person in the behind the carboard boxes. As I left other people were arriving, but overall not busy at all.
Voted tonight. Cut it a bit close; I missed the advance polls.

And the polls are closed!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »