Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(07-21-2015, 02:59 PM)chutten Wrote:
(07-21-2015, 02:53 PM)BuildingScout Wrote: Sure, one will never fly YKF-Singapore direct, but why exactly we cannot have direct flights to Calgary, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Dublin and San Francisco? I bet the demand is there.

Uh, we _do_ have direct flights from YKF to Calgary and Chicago. Daily.

I know.

Quote:SF, NYC, Vancouver I can see demand... but Dublin? I'd expect Ottawa service to return, first.

Dublin is the Ryanair hub. There are over 50K low budget travelers in the region who would be happy to fly to Dublin connecting with Ryanair to their final European destination.

Heck, half the time I have to stop over in Frankfurt, Heathrow, Charles de Gaulle or Schiphol on my way to my final European destination. Why not stop in Dublin instead and save a pretty penny in the process?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by BuildingScout - 07-21-2015, 03:16 PM