Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(07-05-2019, 02:54 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: The other discount airline is Flair (WestJet bullied them out of YHM, now they fly out of YYZ).  I think Flair would like to move here... but with their old livery, our runways are too short.  We need more passengers to get our runways expanded.  If Flair upgrades to newer equipment, they could fly out of here, and I think they would prefer to.

Canada Jetlines and EnerJet are the ULCC's that still are not off the ground.  Those are the best hopes of getting new flights into YKF.

Coke

Interesting about Flair. I guess I'd be inclined to support [of course, my support means nothing Smile ] a runway expansion to bring an airline like Flair to Waterloo IF there was a clause that caused Flair to reimburse the region if they didn't meet some minimum threshold of traffic over some set time. But otherwise it just seems like a relatively big risk given past patterns to invest a ton of money enticing airlines to come here.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by SammyOES - 07-05-2019, 03:20 PM