Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(09-26-2018, 03:08 PM)KevinT Wrote: The airport could just buy a shuttle bus for themselves and have a baggage handler drive the one loop per day necessary to service the WestJet flight.  Flight arrives, unload baggage onto carousel, take arrived passengers to major GRT interchanges while picking up departing passengers from same, unload passengers at terminal, head around back and load checked baggage onto plane.  Job done.

Until there's more than a single scheduled major commercial flight per day this would totally suffice.

(I'm sure I've just simultaneously offended baggage handlers and professional drivers alike, as nothing is ever as simple as it seems to an outsider.  I am happy to learn why this wouldn't/couldn't work.)

That assumes everyone who would use it live in KW, there will be some from Cambridge and Guelph,  now that service is for 3 buses and drivers with each an even smaller group of passengers. At this point the demand and the costs might rival people carpooling or uberpooling if they are so inclined.

And for the ones in KW, I would think there would be less of an appeal to those who live farther from Victoria street and would prefer a direct trip home with an uber.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by darts - 09-28-2018, 07:48 AM