Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(10-27-2017, 01:39 PM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 11:16 PM)kevinchoi519 Wrote: anyone else notice the jetlines future route map on their website no longer says hamilton/waterloo just has hamilton as a destination/hub....

Sad

Coke

I noticed that too and I was disappointed.  So I sent Jetlines an email and this is what they say about YKF:

Quote:Thank you for taking the time to email Jetlines.

YKF is indeed still on our radar and we are talking with the airport and are in negotiations. We have a signed contract for Hamilton and that will be our base of operation and once we can finalize our deal with YKF it will be announced. It is just a matter of “when”. We know there is a demand and need for jet service!

Since the airport is offering "up to 24 months protection on un-serviced routes to reduce risk..." Jetlines will not announce routes until they have the airplanes in service.  I'm sure they don't want to announce routes only to have another, established, airline take that route and get a two year guarantee. 

If the airport manages to land a number of airlines it will have to expand almost immediately.  I remember coming back from Punta Cana and Chicago and not everyone  could fit into the room to go through customs.  Also, walking outside to and from your jet in bitterly cold weather is not okay.  Things will have to change... 
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by jgsz - 10-28-2017, 10:16 AM