Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
I don't think anyone is taking an airplane from KW to Toronto for work, daily. I think this would be for people going to an occasional meeting - in which case, if you're important enough to fly, they're probably going to schedule the meeting around your availability.
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
...aaaaaand of course, the flights are only Monday-Friday. So, even if you wanted to use this for a weekend outing, you can't.
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
(10-10-2017, 11:46 AM)Canard Wrote: I don't think anyone is taking an airplane from KW to Toronto for work, daily.  I think this would be for people going to an occasional meeting - in which case, if you're important enough to fly, they're probably going to schedule the meeting around your availability.

You don't even need to be important! 

A trip from D2L / Google / Manulife / SunLife / etc. would be even further... and Uber is supposed to be the cheap form of transport.  The flight holds around 6 or 8 passengers.. this is not a leisure flight... I am sure if it is solely focused on executives with meetings downtown.

CTV was here at the airport when I came in, and I spoke to the guy... he seemed pretty negative on it, so I'll be interested when I actually get to see what gets broadcast.

Coke
I was briefly excited that I might be able to do something like Waterloo -> Billy Bishop -> NYC, but I think its the same old problem - if you only have a single option in the morning and afternoon you risk some huge delays and problems if any of your flights are delayed.

I might try it sometime if the times work out really well.
(10-10-2017, 03:29 PM)SammyOES Wrote: I was briefly excited that I might be able to do something like Waterloo -> Billy Bishop -> NYC, but I think its the same old problem - if you only have a single option in the morning and afternoon you risk some huge delays and problems if any of your flights are delayed.

I might try it sometime if the times work out really well.

Montreal on Porter or AC is also an option. There's a lot of flights there.