Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(09-07-2017, 11:22 AM)Chris Wrote: The last line of the CTV article states.

Quote:WestJet also said that there has been no change to the Calgary – Waterloo schedule.

Not true. I was looking to book some flights to the west coast and as of Monday, October 30 the daily flight to YYC moves from 7:35 p.m. to 6:15 a.m.

The flight from Calgary to Kitchener moves to a red eye at 11:55 p.m. and lands at YKF at 5:26 a.m.

So my question is - is this new schedule a hail mary attempt to save the route or is it based on sound market research?

I just booked flights in April and May 2018 to Calgary.  The flight to Calgary in mid-April is at 6:15am, but the return flight in late April is 1:10pm from Calgary.  

Oddly, the evening departure returns (replacing the morning flight) on Sunday, April 29.  Similarly, the 1:10pm flight from Calgary replaces the 11:55pm departure on the same day.  The route is still one plane coming and then going out.

I wonder if they are ready for the early morning plane traffic noise complaints?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by nms - 09-11-2017, 04:47 PM