Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(06-26-2017, 02:07 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: This is actually a big problem in Toronto. Sick Kids and St. Michael's have had to adjust their helicopter flight paths numerous times because of new construction, and a couple years ago they said there was basically no more room for adjustment and any further diversions would make their heliports non-functional. I'm not sure who actually officially handles the issue in Toronto though. There is a specified area around Pearson administered by the GTAA where special permits are required for construction cranes, but that only covers a small part of Toronto.

This seems weird. Airports as I understand it have well-defined flight paths around them and nearby development is restricted, in some cases severely, by the presence of the airport. I would have assumed that heliports would be the same as airports, except for presumably a different detailed shape of the restriction owing to the very different sort of traffic. I wonder what the situation is around Breslau airport? (ignoring the fact that it’s not a high-demand area for construction, so this is unlikely to be a big problem in the near future regardless)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by ijmorlan - 06-26-2017, 04:04 PM