Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(06-20-2017, 04:57 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: Just confirmed.... the YHM info is dated information.  No decisions have been made yet.

Coke

It sure would be nice if they decided to use YKF as a hub. What may help is the HSR that the Ontario Guberment is proposing. LRT helps out too.

Actually, a good idea would be to have the LRT have a second, and less expensive, line by using the existing railway towards Breslau. Unsure if/how it could be done. I do recall the original LRT design consisted of two routes, the St. Jacobs to Galt route, and a 2nd route along Victoria street where existing tracks exist.

People need to be convinced why Kitchener is a better spot than Hamilton. That might be a hard thing. But I think the region has a lot more going for it than most realize. IN the "end" the biggest issue might end up being the NIMBY's coming out in full force to try to block it.

But I fully support it. I am almost directly below the flight bath, though well west of it, but I hear every craft, especially when it's more to the north and directly above me. Probably 1000' or so. But that could be a bad guess. Doesn't bother me though. I like the smell of gasoline in a lawnmower or outboard engine and I like the sound of lawnmowers and overhead jets. I'm weird.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by jeffster - 06-21-2017, 06:48 AM