Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
Quote:Given that there are direct flights from YYZ to SFO, I think most people looking to make that trip to/from Waterloo Region are just going to YYZ.

I fly to the bay area on occasion, and usually end up with YKF-ORD-SJC rather than YYZ-SFO for a few reasons:

• Variability in the time it takes to get to YYZ on the 401, and the time to go through security and clear customs means that I have to leave long before the flight. I can be at the gate at YKF about 30 minutes after leaving downtown Kitchener.
  • My destination is usually near San Jose, so there's extra Caltrain or rental car travel time upon arrival. Combined with the first point the door-to-door travel time is actually lower with the ORD stopover and the option to travel to SJC.
  • We are a one car household so I can't drive to YYZ and park, and it's fairly expensive to take a taxi to and from YYZ.
It might be a different story if we had a second car, and there was a direct YYZ-SJC flight.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by EdM - 10-19-2014, 08:51 PM