Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
We’d have to look at on-time performance to see what kind of a risk there actually is of missing a connection when flying from Waterloo to Chicago. Like others, I’ve missed connections in the past, and it’s true that it is a lot worse when connecting to a route with less frequency, and being rerouted is not usually a good outcome. But missing a connection because the initial leg is delayed doesn’t happen all that frequently.

The effects of it are quickly mitigated by a few extra flights, so I think that additional flights to Chicago would be wonderful. That will serve a huge number of people, including those wanting to get to San Francisco. I’m not sure of San Francisco’s utility to connect to flights to Asia (I imagine they have quite a few flights), but Chicago is a huge hub and improved access to its many many destinations would be a great thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by MidTowner - 10-15-2014, 03:05 PM