Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(02-22-2024, 12:46 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: For me it isn't a rollercoaster.  It is an ok idea. What I dont like is that it is a way for Air Canada not to service our airport with actual aircraft...

I really don't think AC would service YKF anytime soon. They are really not into serving small airports these days. Heck, they're not even flying Edmonton-Ottawa nonstop, and these airports are neither small nor close to other airports.

(02-22-2024, 02:18 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: This just gets better and better...

Although it is ironic that they have chosen a layout with more space than a typical bus, given that a typical bus is vastly more spacious than a typical Air Canada seat, at this rate, the bus right might be the most comfortable portion of the trip.

A lot better than the average bus, but it's still running on the 401, so absolute comfort is sort of limited. Certainly sounds like more legroom. But that is an undersold advantage of being short: I don't need as much legroom as taller people.

(02-22-2024, 04:24 PM)tomh009 Wrote: I don't see that it would steal that many passengers from Flair's direct service, at least for direct flights, as the bus connection will substantially increase flight time.

It's actually pretty hard for me to guess how people would make Flair vs AC purchasing decisions with the bus involved.

There is surely a "minimum connection time" stated with the bus that prevents booking it too close to the plane departure time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by plam - 02-22-2024, 05:53 PM