Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
(02-21-2024, 03:17 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 03:10 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Awesome, so the airport is now a bus station !!!  Leave it to Air Canada....  Just land a plane and create some routes.  I thought Air Canada was the "Flag Carrier"  airline of Canada.. Please do better.  If I want to take the 401 to Pearson, I will drive or take a limo service..

The bus is likely significantly less expensive than either limo or parking at the airport. And Airways Transit has transmogrified themselves into a limo service, too.

That said, while the bus could be used to connect between the two airports, I don't know what the real use case is for that. What kind of flight combinations would merit that?

I don't think anyone would fly into Pearson and bus to Hamilton or Kitchener to catch another flight or vice versa.

The cynic in me thinks it's a predatory move by Air Canada as they don't service either of these airports.

I think the target audience would be occasional flyers using Rouge or Air Canada out of Pearson and this offers them an easy (maybe cheap?) way to get to Pearson. I think frequent flyers or business travellers already have established methods for getting to Pearson so they are unlikely to change those habits.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by Chris - 02-21-2024, 03:27 PM