Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
Thanks pmsilva for the up close and personal pictures of the tower.... this is my daily view...

Coke

Stairs are now installed

Attached Files Image(s)

Nothing says international airport like an exposed staircase....
You can just make them out in the drawing.
(04-20-2016, 11:33 PM)white_brian Wrote: Nothing says international airport like an exposed staircase....

Fire escape?
(04-21-2016, 07:12 AM)timio Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 11:33 PM)white_brian Wrote: Nothing says international airport like an exposed staircase....

Fire escape?

That's my guess, in the picture you can kinda make out what looks like a landing on the top floor.
London just had American Airlines pull out their Chicago flights, more longstanding than ours I think. I hope that's not foreshadowing.

(04-21-2016, 10:43 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: London just had American Airlines pull out their Chicago flights, more longstanding than ours I think. I hope that's not foreshadowing.

You mean United Airlines, I think.
(04-21-2016, 11:02 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(04-21-2016, 10:43 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: London just had American Airlines pull out their Chicago flights, more longstanding than ours I think. I hope that's not foreshadowing.

You mean United Airlines, I think.

I probably do Blush

Same concern about relatively common localized market conditions.
(04-21-2016, 11:14 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote:
(04-21-2016, 11:02 AM)panamaniac Wrote: You mean United Airlines, I think.

I probably do Blush

Same concern about relatively common localized market conditions.

American flights are doing really well at YKF.  United has been struggling, and they have been pulling out slowly for the last year or so.  (They were down to one flight a day as of 6 months ago...)

Coke
The first "Public Information Centre" for YKF is taking place on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 from 1600hrs to 2000hrs at the Waterloo Region Museum.  A chance to learn more about the airport, the Master Plan project, and to provide feedback.
Is this a drop in thing or would something be missed by showing up late?
(05-04-2016, 07:24 PM)JoeKW Wrote: Is this a drop in thing or would something be missed by showing up late?

I am pretty sure it is a drop-in event.

Is this not news? Or did someone post this already?

Fly to Toronto in 20 minutes? Nextjet to offer flights from Region of Waterloo airport later this year
Flights would cost about $100 one way, the airline's president says

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/kitch...-1.3574890
(05-10-2016, 11:27 PM)Elmira Guy Wrote: Is this not news? Or did someone post this already?

Fly to Toronto in 20 minutes? Nextjet to offer flights from Region of Waterloo airport later this year
Flights would cost about $100 one way, the airline's president says

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/kitch...-1.3574890

It's a nice concept, but driving to YKF, parking, flying and then getting from YTZ to downtown will probably take almost as long as driving.  Still, maybe it could work for enough people to make it viable.

But I do wonder how they expect to secure landing slots at YTZ.  Porter is not about to give up theirs ...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »