Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cycling in Waterloo Region
Hi, I bike, and I like FREE STUFF. When can we get this in Waterloo Region?
(05-11-2017, 06:17 PM)notmyfriends Wrote: https://nowtoronto.com/news/biko-app-get...n-toronto/

Amazing! I'd never have to buy beer again! Big Grin
(05-12-2017, 12:07 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 06:17 PM)notmyfriends Wrote: https://nowtoronto.com/news/biko-app-get...n-toronto/

Amazing! I'd never have to buy beer again! Big Grin

Indeed
I guess that cycling data is valuable enough that it somehow makes money for that biko app?
Krug St. from East avenue under the bridge, not sure for how far, is closing until October. Signs up for a public consultation regarding on street bike lanes scheduled for April 18th at the Auditorium. Not sure of the time. I was driving and couldn't read the entire sign.
(05-14-2017, 05:21 PM)creative Wrote: Krug St. from East avenue under the bridge, not sure for how far, is closing until October. Signs up for a public consultation regarding on street bike lanes scheduled for April 18th at the Auditorium. Not sure of the time. I was driving and couldn't read the entire sign.

-April +May.

Details are:

Public information centre (P.I.C.) for Krug Street which will take place on May 18th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium in the Subscriber’s Lounge.

It is pretty important that those who care about this issue attend and push for very good infrastructure.  This is one of the few east-west routes in Kitchener and one of the few options for crossing the highway safely.  It would be very sad if this was compromised for parking.
Almost seems like a conspiracy to divide and conquer the active transportation community.

4 PCCs this week, with essentially the same audience, with three of them on the same night and time!

Waterloo Park Upgrades (including Central promenade)
When: May 16, 2017 between 5:30 and 8:30 p.m.
Where: Knox Presbyterian Church, 50 Erb St. W., Waterloo

Spur Line @ Union
Date: Thursday, May 18, 2017
Time: 5:30 to 8 p.m.
Location: Waterloo City Centre (on the main floor atrium), 100 Regina St. S., Waterloo

PARTS - Public Information Centre #3
Thursday, May 18 from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Victoria Park Pavilion (80 Schneider Ave).
6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Krug Street Public information centre (P.I.C.)
May 18th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Kitchener Memorial Auditorium in the Subscriber’s Lounge.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

My new public Twitter: @KevinLMaps
(05-18-2017, 02:55 PM)KevinL Wrote:

Of course there are plenty of places where crossing at 90 degrees is difficult and going to ensure drives treat you badly.

This video needs an associated video for drivers:

- Drivers, several locations on the route require cyclists to swerve to cross the tracks at a 90 degree angle.  DO NOT HONK AT THEM in return, DO NOT DRIVE AGGRESSIVELY at them in response.  DO ANTICIPATE these locations, and DO NOT TRY TO PASS at these locations.

- Cyclists must ride 1 meter out from the curb, you must give 1 meter space, so there isn't enough room to pass, do not try.