Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Icon 330 | 25 fl | U/C
Speaking of inertia in construction practices ICF makes a lot of sense for the Canadian winter, yet its use seems to have taken off only rather recently, say the last two decades or so, in spite of the technology being over 60 years old.

A tower crane has been erected at the site which is great to see!!
I think there will be a delay in this project. The original plan was to get the condos 100% ready for occupation on September 1st, 2015.
(11-28-2014, 11:08 AM)tuanmai Wrote: I think there will be a delay in this project. The original plan was to get the condos 100% ready for occupation on September 1st, 2015.

It depends, at regular construction rates 9 months should be enough to finish a tower in this project. Look at the progress made in 256 Phillip St. in six months.

However at current Waterloo construction rates this will be finished in two years.
It depends what method they're using to construct it too. Forms take longer than the lego blocks.
(11-28-2014, 02:18 PM)Spokes Wrote: It depends what method they're using to construct it too.  Forms take longer than the lego blocks.

This one will be constructed with pre-made "lego blocks".
The foundation for the northerly-most building, "Tower 2", is now up to grade.

There are concrete columns being poured above grade!
(01-15-2015, 03:13 PM)Markster Wrote: There are concrete columns being poured above grade!

Well, the project has been delayed. New Completion date sent is Sep, 2016. Angry
What was the original projected completion date? This one seems accurate.
Original date was Sep, 2015.
Which was probably over-optimistic to begin with.
Well, I am one of the buyer and this is the initial date on Sale/Purchase Contracts...

We have recently received message about this delay.

I don't doubt it was on the sales/purchase contracts, but developers always promise dates that can't be met. This occupancy this September was always overly optimistic don't you think?
I agree with you... We hope they can make it till Next Sept 2016.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »