Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visiting Waterloo after a year away
Hey folks.

My partner, daughter, and I will be visiting the region next week after a year away. What has changed in that time? What should we go see?

-Dan

You could look at the Drewlo building that is still not finished. LOL
I've heard the scene at Weber and Victoria is quite a sight.
You could attend a sermon at Speakers' Corner.
Zehr Square is done, I think.
(12-06-2022, 04:19 PM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: Zehr Square is done, I think.

We were there for Kristkindlmarkt on Sunday and some of my daughter's friends were out skating. It's definitely open.
Oh man, I forgot about that..it's been so long since I've seen it lol.

Do you know if the Christkindlemarket will be ongoing next week?

(12-07-2022, 01:57 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Do you know if the Christkindlemarket will be ongoing next week?

No, it was this past weekend.

However, do check out the KWFamous Holiday Pop-up Shop, it's carrying holiday items from ~80 local artists. So in many ways a better holiday shopping experience than the market. It's in the former Budds building.
Thanks!
(12-06-2022, 12:26 PM)Acitta Wrote: You could look at the Drewlo building that is still not finished. LOL

Post of the year right here!!
(12-07-2022, 11:16 AM)taylortbb Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 01:57 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Do you know if the Christkindlemarket will be ongoing next week?

No, it was this past weekend.

However, do check out the KWFamous Holiday Pop-up Shop, it's carrying holiday items from ~80 local artists. So in many ways a better holiday shopping experience than the market. It's in the former Budds building.

Alright, apparently this year we will be making it in time for the Christkindle market.
Didn't the market get cancelled because the organizer gambled away all the deposits?
(11-02-2023, 05:17 PM)ac3r Wrote: Didn't the market get cancelled because the organizer gambled away all the deposits?

No, that was a similar market based at Bingemans. The main downtown one is fine.

(12-06-2022, 12:26 PM)Acitta Wrote: You could look at the Drewlo building that is still not finished. LOL

Good news, you can still do this one again in 2023.
(11-03-2023, 10:56 AM)cherrypark Wrote:

Good news, you can still do this one again in 2023.

Lol...rough.

Also, this is a hail merry to be sure but does anyone know of a pay as you go provider that's....cheap. I no longer have my local phone, but any pay as you go provider (really, they aren't even pay-as-you-go but rather "prepaid") seems like it would be (for 4 weeks, spanning a month boundary) at least 10 (sim) + 30 + 30  = 70 bucks for a minimal (1 GB or less + calling + texting) data plan. To me this isn't really worth it and I can manage without a phone.

I shouldn't be surprised, Canada's telecoms man.

Since I'm sure you are all sick of me lording our bike lanes over you'all here's a different one for today: I currently have a pay-as-you-go plan for my phone. No data, but texting and calling. I don't use it much, only local appointments and texting my partner and occasionally neighbours or other parents of Carrie's friends. I spend <3 euro per month per line. And, when I have people come, I buy them a sim for 5 euros, that includes 5 euros of calling, which is 50 text messages or 50 minutes of talk time. (And if I need data its 3 euro/day or 5 euro/weekend unlimited).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »