Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Breithaupt Block | 16 m | 4 fl | Complete
Looking very good, great addition to Downtown.

A few more:
[Image: 20151029_174953.jpg]

[Image: 20151029_174808.jpg]

And a look at the bridge to the older structure:
[Image: hMASle1_1POzeexvKkANtCghfOXpxP03_6zbCglO...62-h695-no]
I do like that bridge!
When is construction expected to be complete?
Looks vaguely European!
Thanks for the photos! I really love this development. The contrast of old and new is really fantastic.
I can't believe this is downtown Kitchener even though I drive by it every day.

Really love that they spent extra money to make this building unique.  Those windows on multiple angles must not have been cheap...

Project of the year 2015 for KW Region?  Would have my vote.

(10-30-2015, 10:56 AM)REnerd Wrote: I can't believe this is downtown Kitchener even though I drive by it every day.

Really love that they spent extra money to make this building unique.  Those windows on multiple angles must not have been cheap...

Project of the year 2015 for KW Region?  Would have my vote.

All of this x2!
(10-29-2015, 09:17 PM)panamaniac Wrote: When is construction expected to be complete?

ALL of Google (~300 employees) is moving next month to the old portions. The newer section will be finished in the Spring, and Google will have all of it simply to expand. They will have more than 500 Googlers there in total.
(10-30-2015, 11:36 AM)insider Wrote:
(10-29-2015, 09:17 PM)panamaniac Wrote: When is construction expected to be complete?

ALL of Google (~300 employees) is moving next month to the old portions. The newer section will be finished in the Spring, and Google will have all of it simply to expand. They will have more than 500 Googlers there in total.

i didn't know they were occupying some of the old area.  How much of it?

I'm curious to see what happens with the Google space at the Tannery when they vacate it.
(10-30-2015, 02:21 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 11:36 AM)insider Wrote: ALL of Google (~300 employees) is moving next month to the old portions. The newer section will be finished in the Spring, and Google will have all of it simply to expand. They will have more than 500 Googlers there in total.

i didn't know they were occupying some of the old area.  How much of it?

From a friend working in the old portion at a different company right now - apparently all of it! She told me all the current tenants are being kicked out in order for Google to occupy the entire space. It seems a little hard to believe to me (why move companies in only to kick them all out a year or 2 later?), but I wouldn't put it past Google to make the entire thing their building.
(10-30-2015, 03:40 PM)GtwoK Wrote: (why move companies in only to kick them all out a year or 2 later?)

Pretty simple. A year or two of lease revenue.
(10-30-2015, 02:21 PM)Spokes Wrote: i didn't know they were occupying some of the old area.  How much of it?

According to the landlord, 185,000 out of 225,000 ft² across old and new buildings.

(10-30-2015, 03:55 PM)Markster Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 03:40 PM)GtwoK Wrote: (why move companies in only to kick them all out a year or 2 later?)

Pretty simple.  A year or two of lease revenue.

Haha, I was referring more to the business' side of things; I'm not a business owner, but I don't understand why one would choose to move their large company / business into a new home, knowing you'll just need to find a new one in 2 years.
(10-30-2015, 06:29 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Haha, I was referring more to the business' side of things; I'm not a business owner, but I don't understand why one would choose to move their large company / business into a new home, knowing you'll just need to find a new one in 2 years.

If you're growing, you might not know what size office you'll need in two years time anyway.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »