Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Right. With added size fronting King St as well

I know that, I was just posting them because Spokes wanted to know the difference in height from the original designs. It also gives a good visual as to why it might be at LPAT for changes to the density, etc.
And thanks for posting it! I almost forgot about that original render.

It's clearly significant. An LPAT case seems odd though, this is the perfect place for added density.

As an aside, who remembers the ORIGINAL proposal??
Building permit has been submitted for phase II:

Permit is for foundation only for a 23 storey residential building with retail on the ground floor
Meaning they have successfully sold 80% of units?
Maybe just meaning they want to avoid development fees?
You dont have to be a certain percentage sold when submitting your permit application. In order to get financing unlocked they have to be over a certain % (usually 75-85). How can they pull a permit when their file is held up at the LPAT? The reason they're there is because an agreement with the city and developer hasnt been reached regarding a plan approval. Weird....

(01-30-2019, 01:34 AM)Quadcities34 Wrote: You dont have to be a certain percentage sold when submitting your permit application. In order to get financing unlocked they have to be over a certain % (usually 75-85). How can they pull a permit when their file is held up at the LPAT? The reason they're there is because an agreement with the city and developer hasnt been reached regarding a plan approval. Weird....

I speculate that the foundation doesn’t depend on the LPAT outcome. If they lose they will have just built a slightly sturdier foundation than required for what they actually build.

No idea if this is really what is happening, however.
(01-30-2019, 01:34 AM)Quadcities34 Wrote: You dont have to be a certain percentage sold when submitting your permit application. In order to get financing unlocked they have to be over a certain % (usually 75-85). How can they pull a permit when their file is held up at the LPAT? The reason they're there is because an agreement with the city and developer hasnt been reached regarding a plan approval. Weird....

What does this mean?
(01-30-2019, 10:28 AM)Spokes Wrote:

What does this mean?
If the City and Developer cannot reach an agreement and the official plan does not get approved, the Developer then goes to the LPAT board (formerly OMB). If the official plan has not been approved yet by the LPAT board, I dont understand how a building permit can get issued if there is no site plan approval yet.
(01-30-2019, 06:34 PM)Quadcities34 Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 10:28 AM)Spokes Wrote: What does this mean?

If the City and Developer cannot reach an agreement and the official plan does not get approved, the Developer then goes to the LPAT board (formerly OMB). If the official plan has not been approved yet by the LPAT board, I dont understand how a building permit can get issued if there is no site plan approval yet.

It is odd. Could it be that the LPAT hearing is for the office building? I didn't see any detail at all on the LPAT hearing apart from the developer and the site address. And the (foundation) permit is definitely for a residential tower.

As an aside, I don't believe the city will entertain extensions, unless there is a delay that is clearly the city's fault.
Also the developer can apply for building permits but I don't imagine that the city would approve them until there is a decision from LPAT.

Right now a permit application has been submitted but has not been issued.
Talk about a multi million dollar, last second hail mary LOL.

Moved the general condo builder/common area/maintenance discussion to the condo living thread.
http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...p?tid=1369
Any update on the status of this project (at the City) or otherwise? Will they be breaking ground any time soon?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »