Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(10-29-2018, 10:33 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Even five-year-old condos sell for much less than new ones (compare Arrow Lofts, for example, to DTK). People seem to be willing to pay a big premium for "new", and the same is true, to a somewhat lesser extent, for single-family houses.

The challenge and risk with older condos (just as with older houses!) is the maintenance if they have not been kept up. Eaton Lofts and 64 Benton, for example, are at over $1/sqft for condo fees, primarily due to the reserve fund contributions when a well-maintained building should be somewhere around 50 cents. I think your building is around 60 cents, which is still quite reasonable.

Per month? Yikes. Condo fees do tend to go up right away though. I think developers purposefully set them low on opening.

And yet people buy new condos as their real estate speculation plan. I don't really see how that can work out.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: City Centre/Young Condominiums | 67 & 46 m | 17 & 12 fl | U/C - by plam - 10-29-2018, 11:07 AM
Re: City Centre Condominiums - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 09:52 PM
[No subject] - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 10:53 PM