Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(05-03-2018, 07:29 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Found this render being used to advertise the Young condos. The scene doesn't seem to make sense for the site, none of the other buildings are in DTK and that's not what the sidewalks look like, but the building has John Forsyth engraved on the side so I can't imagine it's any other condo (this being the former site of the Forsyth factory).

Ok, so I saw that render that you posted inside a bus shelter in front of King Edward P.S., going towards Victoria.

So I guess that makes it official...it's going to be beautiful...

Does the revised proposal need to come before City Council at some point (not that I would expect any issues of approval)?
Does anyone know if sales for Young Condos has begun? If so do we know how well the sales are going?
Sales are still in the 'friends and family' stage from what I understand.
Application to committee of adjustment:

Not sure how that differs exactly from the original proposals.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(08-06-2018, 01:42 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Application to committee of adjustment:

Not sure how that differs exactly from the original proposals.

Interesting. That's only 3.5M shorter than the Sunlife Building in Waterloo. It would have been the tallest in Kitchener, but DTK or Charlie will be the tallest (unless the ones on Blockline & Courtland go up soon).
That's quite a change from what was originally proposed for Phase II.

Hopefully the proposed changes after approved really liking the revamped design.
VIP sales date was finally today. Went to the showroom and I think they are going to have a very difficult time selling through 280+ units. Pricing starts in low 500/SF without parking and most units in the tower are large 2 beds priced 450k+. The amenities are pretty cool but not a good value when you compare Garment Street or even the suburb projects rolling out this month.
How large are their large 2BR units? Are those also $500+/sqft?

DTK was expensive (though don't remember details) and had no parking. But their units were all on the small side, even the 2BR ones, so maybe this building can address a slightly different segment.
2 Beds ranged from 800 - 1,150 SF I believe. When I did the math all of the were low to high 500/SF for the lowest floor available. What surprised me was the developer requirement for having a pre approval produced during your 10 day pull out period. That's going to be a deal killer right there alone
(10-12-2018, 12:19 PM)tomh009 Wrote: How large are their large 2BR units? Are those also $500+/sqft?

DTK was expensive (though don't remember details) and had no parking. But their units were all on the small side, even the 2BR ones, so maybe this building can address a slightly different segment.

DTK pricing was outrageous. 600-750 SF with no parking. IN8 always fires up their "VIP" GTA realtors to blow out there projects, similar to how they flooded the student market. I went to their vip event as well, and one of the reps said and I quote: Toronto- 1500/sf or kitchener 700/sf LOL
$600K for 1150 sqft? That would indeed be quite expensive. And I don't think the building is particularly luxurious as compared to its competition.

Anyone else go to the VIP sales, consider or buy a unit?
(10-12-2018, 12:42 AM)Quadcities34 Wrote: VIP sales date was finally today. Went to the showroom and I think they are going to have a very difficult time selling through 280+ units. Pricing starts in low 500/SF without parking and most units in the tower are large 2 beds priced 450k+. The amenities are pretty cool but not a good value when you compare Garment Street or even the suburb projects rolling out this month.

I feel like phase one was priced higher than most competitors at the time too, no?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »