Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(05-04-2018, 02:53 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 10:59 PM)panamaniac Wrote: That render is for a much taller building, no?  I thought Phase 2 was going to be 14 storeys.  I don't see anything there that resembles what I thought Phase 2 was to look like.  Am I just out of date?

This building is way taller than the original render. Phase 2 was going to be 12 storey's if I recall correctly, and not nearly the height of the one on Young and Duke. This render looks closer to 22 floors or so.

My guess is that this new render would make it about 30 feet taller (since it's on lower ground) than Phase 1 from a "Skyline" POV. Also, I am thinking they want this taller so it matches better with Charlie West, and because the hotel is now gone.

That said, could that render be Sixo from a different POV? We see the TD tower in the distance, would it be invisible from Sixo?  I am having a really hard time figuring out where this render would place the building, as only the TD tower is recognizable.

Really perplexing the other buildings in the background though, as some of them don't exist, "yet".

That said, if this is the second phase, it looks awesome. I'm guessing a little competition was a good thing to change the original phase 2. One can hope this will be reality, and it will be a spectacular addition to DTK.

Ok I can confirm that this view is from Duke Street, with City Centre Phase 1 immediately to the right (in fact it seems that Phase 1 was "removed" from view just so that they could show all of Phase 2)... the background is random buildings plopped for aesthetics, it's not a representation of the real view (confusing I know).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: City Centre/Young Condominiums | 67 & 46 m | 17 & 12 fl | U/C - by urbd - 05-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Re: City Centre Condominiums - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 09:52 PM
[No subject] - by rangersfan - 08-25-2014, 10:53 PM