Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Have sales began for the second tower?

I am guessing with increased competition ( Sixo, 100 Condominiums and Charlie West ) that there is not likely to be much momentum for phase 2.

Was the original agreement with the City to have the development started by a specific date only for the first phase? Or were their additional deadlines for the remaining portions of the project?
(05-19-2017, 09:01 PM)rangersfan Wrote: I am guessing with increased competition ( Sixo, 100 Condominiums and Charlie West ) that there is not likely to be much momentum for phase 2.

Or they could speed up the process to get in on the action.
(05-19-2017, 09:01 PM)rangersfan Wrote: I am guessing with increased competition ( Sixo, 100 Condominiums and Charlie West ) that there is not likely to be much momentum for phase 2.

Was the original agreement with the City to have the development started by a specific date only for the first phase? Or were their additional deadlines for the remaining portions of the project?

Such a disappointment of development... they really could get to work and be a bit more aggressive to get things going and improve their marketing. It just seems they don't care and that the city is not pushing them at all, who knows.
I think the product so far is a great addition to downtown, but it took so long that I won't be surprised if phase two never happens.
I remember the original agreement said that certain dates had to be met in terms of start times. Clearly that's no longer the case? If they don't do anything, how does the city not have any recourse? What a shame.
(05-23-2017, 11:23 AM)MidTowner Wrote: I think the product so far is a great addition to downtown, but it took so long that I won't be surprised if phase two never happens.

'Never' is a very solid word; I doubt a prime site that close to an Ion station will go undeveloped for long, even if sales have been sluggish.

Ah, sorry. I should have been more specific: what I actually had in mind was that a development called City Centre Phase II, developed by Andrin, might well not happen. I hope that's wrong, but I won't be surprised if something else happens instead.
(05-23-2017, 11:23 AM)MidTowner Wrote: I think the product so far is a great addition to downtown, but it took so long that I won't be surprised if phase two never happens.

Yes, I think Phase 1 is a great addition to downtown as well, what I meant as a disappointment is that the full vision for this project might never be realized (Phase 2 and Mayfair Hotel - I know it wasn't officially part of it but still). It's really too bad they are not taking advantage of the ION momentum in the same way others are.
Look like they have a 'Register for Tower II' Page: Register Now for Tower II in Kitchener

Pretty much two options: "I am interested in purchasing a Suite."  &  "I am a BROKER and have clients interested in purchasing a Suite." So maybe not all hope is lost?
Phase 2 will definitely be going ahead...can't say when, but it's definitely happening.
I was trying to keep my eyes on the road this morning, but I think I spotted a billboard for Phase II right by the Tannery on Victoria this morning (at Joseph St).
I noticed that as well on Wednesday night.

(11-10-2017, 11:14 AM)rangersfan Wrote: I noticed that as well on Wednesday night.

I wonder if it will include the former Mayfair Hotel site.
(11-10-2017, 12:02 PM)jgsz Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 11:14 AM)rangersfan Wrote: I noticed that as well on Wednesday night.

I wonder if it will include the former Mayfair Hotel site.

It's not listed for sale, but I expect a deal could be made ... but the current property excludes the buildings (and the empty lot) at the corner of Young St.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »