Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
That's one of the better aspects of this project. I have no idea what sort of brick is under the ugly cladding, but I've long disliked that building and am glad it's coming down.

That just made my day. Not only does it increase the frontage of this new project, but it gets rid of an eyesore.
(06-26-2019, 03:14 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Many changes since the original proposals …

It's almost hard to keep track of
This will be a neat building - the thing is smack dab in the middle of DTK. Let's see if delays are kept under 2 years. They've already been selling for 10 months now.
Excavation has started, even if only barely.

Baby steps!
"Baby Steps!"

Hahaha, indeed. I guess it's a bit of a miracle it only took 11 months from starting sales to breaking ground for these guys - maybe we wait to pass judgement until it is complete. They have prime realty that's for darn sure. Let's see how long it takes to build.

Anyone book a unit in this place? Might have some more insights, when is occupancy projected?

My vague recollection is that they were saying early 2022 occupancy.
(07-15-2019, 10:20 AM)Momo26 Wrote: "Baby Steps!"

Hahaha, indeed. I guess it's a bit of a miracle it only took 11 months from starting sales to breaking ground for these guys - maybe we wait to pass judgement until it is complete. They have prime realty that's for darn sure. Let's see how long it takes to build.

Anyone book a unit in this place? Might have some more insights, when is occupancy projected?

This!
They started to demolish the former Total Convenience store on King Street.  Also, more excavation behind the sales office.

no tears being shed here !!!
I'll be glad to see it gone, although I've long wondered whether there wasn't a half-decent brick house (1870s?) under all the tat.
Scaffolding setup up by the peak of that building, almost looks like it is coming up from the inside

The sales office being demolished on Tuesday.
tcwaites Wrote:The sales office being demolished on Tuesday.
The sales office is gone. Being placed in dump bins.  Just the store left to demolish
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »