Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese Restaurants
I was fond of a take out chinese restaurant that now closed and looking for a new one to go to. Anyone know who is the best outside of the chain ones . Looking for one that serves combo meals . Thanks

Shanghai Restaurant in Preston is our regular place. Decor right out of A Christmas Story (but no singing waiters).
Im a fan of Lai Lai in Kitchener on Victoria at West
I am a fan of Dragon Court in Uptown. The communication with the person answering the telephone is A1. The order is always fresh. The delivery is fast and on time. The quality of the food and the prices are good.

Dragon Court Restaurant
34 King St S

(519) 884-8822
If you're after "fast food Chinese", Jumbo Dragon at Ottawa and Lackner can't be beat IMO.
(10-04-2014, 09:43 AM)greybird Wrote: If you're after "fast food Chinese", Jumbo Dragon at Ottawa and Lackner can't be beat IMO.

I agree greybird - I had takeout from Jumbo Dragon last night !  The combo's are large and always provide me with lunch the following day.

Jumbo Dragon website
for North American style Chinese, Jumbo Dragon is the best around but for more authentic choices I like Camerons or Sams Chinese food, Sams has fantastic Dim Sum (eat in only)

(09-29-2014, 06:38 AM)Spokes Wrote: Im a fan of Lai Lai in Kitchener on Victoria at West

This is my go-to for Chinese too!
Crystal Palace is my fave for takeout.
Hot Wheels Tea House is very good. Their bbq pork/duck sandwiches are fantastic.
(11-11-2014, 02:58 PM)ktown Wrote: for North American style Chinese, Jumbo Dragon is the best around but for more authentic choices I like Camerons or Sams Chinese food, Sams has fantastic Dim Sum (eat in only)

Agreed. Just went to Sam's Chinese Food today for dim sum. We counted 3 white people (including my spouse). +1!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »