Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Poll: How would you rate ION service so far?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 Stars
27.78%
20 27.78%
4 Stars
47.22%
34 47.22%
3 Stars
5.56%
4 5.56%
2 Stars
1.39%
1 1.39%
1 Star
0%
0 0%
0 Stars
1.39%
1 1.39%
I haven't ridden it yet
16.67%
12 16.67%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you rate ION service so far?
Overall pretty good. I agree about the schedule adherence — I’ve seen more bunching than there should be.

The transit priority doesn’t give as much priority as it should. I have several times observed other movements being given priority over Ion movements. At a minimum Ion should always get the next movement. Related to this, pedestrians and sometimes cars get a red in many circumstances when they could go; and in some locations no distinction is drawn between the two Ion tracks. For example, at King and Allen the “No Right Turn — Train” sign for Allen eastbound onto King southbound comes on even when there is no train on the southbound track, only the northbound track.

Also crossing arms are still coming down too early in some cases. Specifically, crossings that are after a stop get activated before the Ion even stops. With the possible exception of ones immediately after the stop which I’m willing to accept as an externally-imposed requirement due to rail-related safety paranoia, crossings after the station absolutely should not trigger until the doors are closing.

Finally, speeds in many areas are slower than they could be.

Overall, still a great service and one that within less than a year the city will be unimaginable without.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would you rate ION service so far? - by ijmorlan - 06-26-2019, 12:47 PM