Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-24-2022, 08:29 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 03:44 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: Thanks for that information. Looks like I might be slightly exaggerating. But still, only a little because we’ve had lots of storms where enough snow fell that it made travel difficult; the exact amount of snow isn’t hugely important. If they’d said once in 10 years I’d have to eat crow right about now.

15 cm might trigger a snow day for schools, but for the LRT, 30 cm is much more than twice as bad. Combine the train ground clearance with the excess snow being plowed onto the tracks, and you get a mess like we had now. At 15 cm we would have been OK, maybe even at 20 cm.

Generally also the rate matters.

I'm sure we've gotten 30cm of snow in a week many times in the last decade, but getting it in a 24 hour period (or even like 18 hours) is really quite a big more problematic.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 01-24-2022, 08:45 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM