Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-20-2022, 01:42 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 01:37 PM)Bytor Wrote: I half-heartedly tried to google this but I couldn't find an answer:

Do we know how reliable our Flexity Freedom trams have been?

They weren't properly finished and had a to have a bunch of work done to enable ATC and things, but that's not reliability. Neither is car drivers turning in their paths. The frame welding issue doesn't make them, less reliable now, only 10+ years in the future.

Have there been any news reports on tram reliability?

I've not seen any reports.

But we don't have a lot of spares, if they had reliability issues, we'd be seeing service issues.

From this article in the Record:
Quote:The Bombardier trains are proving to be very reliable, Galloway said, unlike the LRT system in Ottawa, which uses cars built by French builder Alstom, and which has been plagued with delays and problems, prompting a provincial inquiry.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by trainspotter139 - 01-20-2022, 04:10 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM