Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-18-2022, 03:48 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Yeah, I've used a very similar unit, I found it to be acceptable, but it would have been useless in yesterday's snow. It was kinda handy when I was lazy or my back was hurting, but it wasn't any faster than doing it by hand. Maybe if the snow was particularly heavy but not too deep, it would have been an improvement in shoveling time, but when I didn't have back pain, I shovel pretty fast. But if you're a person who struggles with snow shoveling for any reason it will do the trick for most of our storms.

I had a 100ft cord (so similar length) and that let me do my entire property and my neighbours sidewalks. But cords suck in the winter, because unless you get a very good one, the cold stiffens the plastic casing making them a bit more unwieldy.

I started shovelling a huge driveway (probably could park 12 cars in it) by hand yesterday but buddy had one of those plug-in snowthrowers and it worked fine in yesterday's dump. It was slow going but I was pretty tired from just shovelling the sidewalk that it wouldn't likely have been faster to do that whole driveway by hand. They can't be driven hard into the snow like a gas snowblower. It also made quick work of the little dusting of snow we woke up to today.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by clasher - 01-18-2022, 08:48 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM