Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(01-17-2022, 06:24 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 06:14 PM)ac3r Wrote: The trains are not operational between Willis Way and Mill Stations. So much for a train being able to plow though anything heh. 301R buses aren't operational either, which is odd because the main roads aren't bad now. They should be able to run shuttles if all other bus routes are fine.

I guess that's what you get when you build a surface level rapid transit system and don't think about clearing the tracks despite spending just under 1 billion dollars. I guess I'll be taking a bus home tonight whilst trying to traverse sidewalks nobody bothers to shovel. You do you, Waterloo Region.

Likely the real issue is not being able to plan for an event that happens once every 10 years or so. Toronto had to close the Gardener and Don Valley today.

On the bright side, my PHEV had almost zero issues with the deep snow, except at one spot where I almost ended up in the southbound LRT at Central Station (it had been plowed in).

My battery powered snow thrower(s) managed to tackle it as well, though I killed the battery(ies). I would say that I would invest in a 2-stage battery unit, but hardly seems worth it when we rarely get dumps like this.

That's the whole thing, right. One shouldn't prepare that much for the 100 year event except for making sure that, as much as possible, it doesn't cause any other damage; and prepare just a bit for the 10 year event.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by plam - 01-17-2022, 06:34 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM