Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-17-2021, 08:23 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 02:35 PM)Acitta Wrote: Except that it would take an emotional toll on the operator no matter who is at fault.

I think it would either way: hitting someone, or having a passenger die due to an emergency brake application.

But for that matter I would expect it to be difficult for an operator to have a passenger die even if it was nothing to do with their operation of the vehicle, and also difficult if their train completed a well- (badly-) timed suicide attempt; most people get affected if they are in any way involved in a death, even if they have no blame by any reasonable measure. But this is probably a good thing to an extent; we have to have some distance from all the death happening all around the world in order to function, but if we’re actually near it it’s probably best that we can’t just shake it off instantly.

My father was a locomotive engineer and crashed into vehicles on more than one occasion. I believe that it affected him.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Acitta - 12-17-2021, 10:03 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM