Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-14-2021, 06:58 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 03:41 PM)KevinT Wrote: The programming on the crossing gates needs tweaking too. I seem to recall that Transport Canada requires that the gates be fully down (solid lunar signal for the LRV drivers) 5 seconds (maybe even just 4) before the train arrives at the crossing, and I've counted 25 seconds at the Courtland/Balzer crossing on many occasions. The gate can also go back up 2 seconds after the train has cleared the crossing, and at most of the crossings I've observed they're quite poor on this metric as well. Drivers would be a lot less pissed off if they could get these dialed in, but again, no appetite to do anything.

Should be 0, as far as I’m concerned, or even while the train is still fouling the sidewalk. There is a fundamental asymmetry between arriving and departing.

But 25s is really outrageous. I’m all in favour of transit priority, probably to an extent which would be considered fairly radical outside of this board, but if non-transit traffic is to be delayed it should be for an actual reason, not just sloppy and lazy implementation.

Or even the road. There is no gate needed when the train is there because the train blocks the crossing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 12-15-2021, 08:29 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM