Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-14-2021, 01:37 PM)ac3r Wrote: The buses are faster for many loactions but then you feel like you're a rock in a shoebox being shaken around when you're in one. You feel every single bump. I find that really annoying since I am usually reading a book on the bus and that makes it hard. I'd prefer to spend an extra 10 minutes commuting by using the LRT for the majority of my trip versus a bus.

The buses can be faster, however, that's for sure. From where I usually live in Kitchener, the number 8 gets me downtown faster than any other bus or the LRT. But, unless I felt like sleeping in a little longer, I just take the 206 and transfer to the LRT for the more comfortable ride. Better seats, smoother ride, free wifi and more warmth.

Overall, the trains should be going faster and I'd love to hear what their engineers have to say as to why they can't seem to achieve that, but who knows if they'll ever address that at this point.

I was on the bus for the first time in a long time this past weekend and the thing I had forgotten about was just how loud it is. The LRT is so much more pleasant. It might just be me imagination, but I also though the train was going faster along King than when it first started.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by jamincan - 12-14-2021, 02:02 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM