Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(07-10-2015, 10:55 PM)Canard Wrote: A little too vague for my liking!  That's what I was getting at.  It doesn't show any detail at all, really.

We just had to replace our furnace.  Our HVAC guy said "I'd recommend this one."  I said "OK" and they put it in.  I don't know anything about it, but I know it works.  Is that how this is?

A bit simplistic, but yes, that is more like how it is than not assuming a normal contract of this sort (I haven't really looked at GrandLinq documents specifically.  It can definitely be argued both ways, and Vancouver's got plenty of stories of how it can go wrong, but a good deal of why contractors are brought in in this way is so that the municipalities don't have to go over every detail or be especially expert in designing something that will be once or twice in a career for their own staff.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Bureaucromancer - 07-10-2015, 11:21 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM