Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Yeah, that's what I was trying to figure out! I figured it would be 2x8, but while I was there, they loaded in that third section adjacent to the previously placed 2.

The river will now have quite a jog to it, like the letter Z. They'll really have to reconfigure the entrance (far side of the culvert, if you're standing on the pedestrian bridge).

I've been wondering something a lot with this whole project... how much does GrandLinq (or whoever made the decision to go with this culvert style pass) tell the Region, or whoever's paying the bills? Like, if I need a part for my car replaced, I generally ask a few questions at the dealership (since I'm technically minded). But like, would GrandLinq have said "We're going to have a 3x4 concrete rectangular culvert here", or do they just say "We'll handle building a bridge of some kind" and leave it really vague?

I don't ever recall seeing any detail drawings in any of the released packages of this, that's all, so I wonder if it's a surprise to the Region as well.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 07-10-2015, 09:17 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM