Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-27-2021, 04:23 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 01:27 PM)Ctomh009 Wrote: Less dated than the green-and-yellow paint scheme from the 60s though!

Bring that scheme back now and it would be retro-cool.  Wink

It'd be a fun idea to do temporarily, to be honest! Pick an anniversary date relating to our regional transit, and wrap a few of the buses or LRVs in the classic colours.

I know the region no longer owns any, but having a couple of the old GMC or Flyer Industries buses from the 1970s out on the road would be cool to see sometimes as well. I still remember when we had a few of these old things operating, back when you could still open the windows on the buses. I suppose accessibility would prevent them from ever running old stock, even if it was just a one off thing:

[Image: Kitchener_Transit_739-a.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ac3r - 05-28-2021, 10:12 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM