Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(07-03-2015, 09:21 PM)numberguy Wrote: Yes, I'm not impressed by the execution and the lack of transparency with ION, so far.    GrandLinq's been flubbing the ball and the amount blacked out material in the agreement between the Region and GrandLinq makes me queasy, along with Bombardier's obvious lack of focus with the rail side of their business.
It's all doom and gloom, really? As Canard mentions, the frequent construction updates make it quite clear what they are working on and what the delays are. Whether or not some portions are behind, the overall pace of construction is pretty astounding, in my opinion.

(07-03-2015, 09:42 PM)Canard Wrote: 2) There has been no official word about the production of FLEXITY Freedom, and all the "doom and gloom" about delays is speculation based on the FLEXITY Outlook order for Toronto, nothing official.  The region has consistently maintained that everything is on schedule.

I think it's fair to question whether that's actually true, given Bombardier's well-documented problems delivering vehicles. Their troubles do not have to do with things specific to Toronto's streetcar, they have to do with handling production that is combined across sites - and Bombardier has showed enough incompetence in this regard as an organization to warrant concern for Waterloo Region getting its 14 vehicles by next year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by mpd618 - 07-03-2015, 10:10 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM