Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-22-2021, 02:53 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:26 AM)nms Wrote: I'm parking this here because the accident involved LRT infrastructure at the Erb/Caroline intersection, but it wasn't clear to me whether an LRV was actually involved as I couldn't see one on the scene.

Around 11:30am on Thursday, I drove from Caroline to Erb. There was a four-door sedan pointing mostly south, up on the pedestrian island and wedged up against the south side of at least one pole.  It looked like there might have been damage to the hood of the car, but I couldn't tell.  Police were directing traffic, a tow truck had just arrived to move the car and someone from RailTerm was also on site.  Later that day, I was driving northbound on Caroline around 5:00pm, before heading west on Father David Bauer Drive.  Service trucks were in the intersection, likely readjusting the poles.
Nobody seems to have taken any pictures.

Indeed, it's a bit surprising that there aren't photos.

There's plenty of evidence though, piles of absorbant contaminated with whatever toxic fluids leaked out of the overturned vehicle...just another societal microaggression by car culture.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 05-22-2021, 04:26 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM