Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-13-2021, 10:55 AM)ac3r Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 07:26 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Lol....everyone always wants to connect up the airport. Maybe you guys have a vision for our airport that I don't see.

I think the logic is "build it and they will come" but the airport has to grow first. It'll be a very, very, very long time before there is any sort of rail connection to the airport. Pearson only got the Union Pearson Express in 2015. I think we'll all be old and/or dead by the time YKF sees an LRT connecting it.

I think that UPX took so long to appear has more to do with the North American love of the automobile and dislike of sane public transit systems, rather than Pearson's volume of use. Where as for YKF, the issue there really is its volume of use.

"Build and they will come" is true, but is a lot easier to use as a justification for something that can be built incrementally, like bike lanes. We can't really build rail service to YKF incrementally. :-(
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Bytor - 04-13-2021, 11:27 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM