Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(04-13-2021, 07:26 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 12:39 AM)dunkalunk Wrote: While on the topic of things far in the future:

[Image: WLHDhTE.png]

I tend to agree that an extension of the LRT from Conestoga Mall down King, West on University and Erb to The Boardwalk makes good sense both from a ridership and development standpoint.

I envision that the outer 2 lanes of Univsersity Ave would be converted into a transit mall with shared stations for all buses and LRT (similar layout to Willis Way in Uptown)

Also, given rail ownership, I could see an O-Train type of service from The Boardwalk to a new terminal at Region of Waterloo airport to connect the airport to both the GO station at Breslau and Downtown Kitchener.

Lol....everyone always wants to connect up the airport. Maybe you guys have a vision for our airport that I don't see.

While on the topic of things far in the future. (Think 2060, when we have flying electric taxis between here are Toronto ?). In all seriousness though, any half-hourly service between Kitchener and Guelph is probably more valuable than an airport connection in the short term.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by dunkalunk - 04-13-2021, 09:34 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM