Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I was walking along the spur this morning when the track laying equipment powered up and started racing me. It was amusing to see the front-end loader wheels travelling in reverse to power the rail wheels forward.

Work on Caroline was continuing. Some of the filtration equipment from the western parking lot has been removed. There was some set up in Waterloo Park on the Northwest bank of Laurel Creek at the spur.

Also, asphalt removal between Laurel Creek and the rail crossing on Caroline was beginning this morning.

The GRT detours page suggests that Caroline will be closed to GRT traffic through September 2015. Makes sense seeing as they still need to complete the William/Caroline intersection and replace the tracks at Erb. At least they've been doing work every day I've passed by, most of the time with multiple crews working simultaneously.

Also, I did some basic calculations based off the presentation made to the Region in March and one could presume that the King stretch from Union to Wellington is past the halfway mark. In theory, we should start to see the outer ends of that stretch with the top layer of asphalt in place over the coming weeks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by timio - 06-29-2015, 12:30 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM