Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I'm a little late to this discussion, but I talked and overheard people from day one on the ground...it took longer in morning commute for those coming from Cambridge that usually had the iExpress - Cambridge Centre to Charles St. Terminal and beyond? Vs Cambridge bus --> Fairway station switch to LRT --> downtown or beyond ie. Waterloo Conestoga Station. Plus no switching. Sit in your seat close your eyes and forget it.

I had to switch at the mall from the 110 or 10 to the 22 or the 7 (discovered this a bit later - lots of stops oof) so switching to LRT instead wasn't as big a deal. I liked the LRT more - smooth, almost guaranteed a seat, not stinky and felt cooler as it's on a track. But generally this was +8 to 10 mins total commute for me if I wasn't fortunate enough to make a train earlier + walk time slightly longer to workplace from LRT station on other end.

Now, I figured out another route to drop off at Block Line station, but it was more nip and tuck - lucky if we beat the train coming from Fairway And didn't get trapped at a crossing, or otherwise a brutal 9 minute wait in the cold as the one just left...no coordination whatsoever and the 10 mins intervals b.w. trai s are not the target 8 originally set out...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Momo26 - 12-07-2020, 12:15 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM