Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-05-2020, 09:09 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Assuming this is a good solution, this seems simple, and could be retrofitted in after the fact (ie now). And it sounds like the cost would not be high. Is that correct? Might you have link to such a product?

https://www.ppirubber.com/PPI-Rail_Solut...Indoor.htm

https://www.rtandsdirectory.com/category...ay-fillers

I’m not an expert, so I’m not sure how well these would work for the LRT; but I do feel comfortable asserting that failure to use these on the freight track in the space between King and Regina was a mistake.

And yes, the weird shifting to the side where there is only one track is part of the issue. Has anybody heard any justification for that? In some places I think it’s OK, especially where it allows for a platform that is part of the sidewalk, but in other places it just seems pointless. I’m thinking especially of King St. between Allen and the railway tracks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 06-06-2020, 10:13 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM