Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-29-2015, 12:09 AM)The85 Wrote:
(05-28-2015, 09:09 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The station names seem like a pretty small concern.  Personally, I don't mind "Central Station - Innovation District" (although I regret the lost opportunity of "King Victoria"!).  I don't care for "Kitchener Market" (Market), Kitchener City Hall (City Hall), or "Waterloo Public Square" (Waterloo Square).

Personally I hate the word "innovation" and try to rarely use it in my vocabulary. "Innovation" has blown into the biggest buzzword of this decade - can anyone truly tell me what it means other than giving the illusion of entrepreneurial do-goodery/warm fuzzies? If an organization today wants to positively label absolutely anything they're doing, they simply say ohhhh it's "innovative" this "innovation" that - look at us, aren't we good now?? I just hope it's not something we regret naming an LRT station once the next buzzword comes along years from now.

You can't be surprised.  Waterloo Region and GRT have always loved buzzwords.  Just look at "iXpress".  

The name could go either way.  It could become dated and unfitting, but if the area grows the way the City of Kitchener thinks it could, and fills with start ups, the name "innovation district" could stick.  I still preferred warehouse district.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Spokes - 05-29-2015, 09:20 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM