Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-05-2020, 02:35 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 01:47 PM)tomh009 Wrote: I would argue that the LRT planning process was generally conducted in a competent fashion, especially given the political and financial constraints. They were not perfect and missed some things (such as this one) and we may disagree with some of their decisions, but I think calling the entire planning process incompetent is a bit much.

I might agree with calling the entire process incompetent, they have managed to get a train running reliably relatively on time and on budget, something Ottawa has not achieved.

But when it comes to ped and cycling infra, it's a lot worse than "not perfect", they missed more than a few things.

But you hit the nail on the head when you say it's within the political constraints...this is why I won't take any of these excuses, if pedestrians were a priority, the crossing would have been built years ago. The existence of the fence today only shows that we haven't changed our priorities.
Did you attend the public planning meetings at the beginning of the process ?   I did...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Rainrider22 - 05-05-2020, 03:23 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM